Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Rear Brake Problems on '96 Nissan 240SX?

The rear passenger side brake has been grinding for a while now. I replaced the pads and that didn't fix it. I talked to a mechanic about it and he said it could be that the brakes are not gripping on both sides evenly and rubbing as I drive. Which sounds right to me. When I changed the brake pads the inside( the backside of the rotor), it was down to metal and the front side still had pad left. What is this and how much $ and problem will it be for a rookie shadetree mechanic to fix. If I can get away with NOT changing the calipers too I would rather not because they are about $50 each.Rear Brake Problems on '96 Nissan 240SX?you need new calipers , you just have to suckit up and replace them , make sure the replacements come with the mouts and slidesRear Brake Problems on '96 Nissan 240SX?First you need to see if the rotors are damaged or warped. sometime they can be saved by machining If not they may need to be replaced. If OK then check to see if calipers are working correctly, specifically if engaging the rotor when brake is applied. Also check to insure emergency brake is working and or not interfering.
  • Parameter.Add()
  • ie hosted control
  •