Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How much is routine maintenance on a 2000 Audi S4? Brakes, Tranny Service, etc...?

I'm thinking about buying a 2000 Audi S4, all the ones I've looked at have less than 70k miles, but I can't find how much maintenance on this car is. How much to change pads and rotors, how much for an Auto tranny service....Also, what problems have you encountered, if any.How much is routine maintenance on a 2000 Audi S4? Brakes, Tranny Service, etc...?It can vary from shop to shop. Give Mike a call at Wicked Motorsports, he can give you some ball park numbers and is a well respect tuner of the B5 S4 Audi.



I can't remember how much pads and rotors ran me but a timing belt and waterpump job a few years ago ran me about $1300 bucks or so. It's a big job so there's a lot of other little things you might as well have done while the front is off. I think it's reasonable to expect anywhere from $1000 to $2000 per year in maintenance cost. On any out of warranty car you should be socking away $200 to $300 bucks per month in the future repair/maintenance fund.



A lot of the problems with the B5 were due to owner usage and modification. The more you left the alone the more reliable they tended to be. If the car was chipped or tuned the turbos have probably been blown and replaced at least once. Anyway, check the Quattroworld board and give Mike a call.