Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Infiniti help?

how hard is it to change infiniti I35 brake rotors and pads without messing up the abs brakes,I guess its the wear senors and where are they?The shops kill you on repairs and I can do it just never have done abs?I can find good rotors for 71.00 new and the shops charge over 100.00 each plus 189.00 an axle plus 100.00 for dealer pads or about 650.00 I think I can do it for much less.ThanksInfiniti help?you will need to remove the calipers from the caliper mounts(careful with the brake lines, don't drop the calipers), unbolt the rotors from the wheel hub. replace new rotors, install new pads, mount calipers. a little brake cleaner spray. torque all bolts to specified torque.Infiniti help?Yes you can do it for MUCHHHH less - repairs centers are a BUSINESS, not a service.



The sensors are not going to be harmed by you changing the brakes. Don't worry, as long as you don't drop the caliper and let it swing or hit the rotor, you'll be fine.Infiniti help?I'd suggest spending $19.95 on a Chilton's repair manual.