Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I have an extremely stupid question about my brakes!?

Ok I know you are probably going to laugh after reading this, but anyhow here it is. I had to order my brakes and rotors and they just came in today, and I realized that I only bought one front rotor and one rear rotor so now I have to order more. I have never changed my own brakes, so I really didn't know what I was ordering when I did it. My uncle is going to show me how to change them after I get the parts. Anyhow, I ordered one set of front brake pads and one set of rear brake pads..... So here is the stupid question, does a set of pads cover the left and right (there is 4 in the box), or do I need to order an additional set of pads along with the rotors......

:)I have an extremely stupid question about my brakes!?One box of front brake pads will have pads for both sides, no need to order moreI have an extremely stupid question about my brakes!?each set cover neither the front or the back, each set have 4 pads which for front or the back, but they will have different model number, they won't share the same padsI have an extremely stupid question about my brakes!?U have what u needI have an extremely stupid question about my brakes!?You will need 4 pads in the front of the car and 4 in the back. 2 on each wheel.

You will need to order 2 more rotors 1 for the front and 1 for the back. If the front pads came in a box and there are 4 you should be set. you need 4 for the back also.I have an extremely stupid question about my brakes!?If you ordered two sets of pads that would cover the left front and right front.Thus four pads.If you ordered a set for the rear then it would cover the left rear and the right rear.Now as far as the rotors.You do not have to change rotors every time you do a brake job.Are your rotors damaged from the lack of a brake job?Are did you feel you had to replace them along with pads? Anyway on the pads you should be good to go..I have an extremely stupid question about my brakes!?Pads come as a set for both sides rotors are sold individually because you only usually replace them if they are damaged or warn below there minimum thickness. So if you really need all new rotors get the other 2 you should be fine on the pads.I have an extremely stupid question about my brakes!?remember the only stupid question is the one you didnt ask.in a box of brake pads there are 4 pads,enough to do both sides.not very hard to do.good luck.I have an extremely stupid question about my brakes!?when you order a set of pads, you get set for both wheels in the box.same way for the back.