Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How much to replace rotors, calipers, and pads on altima?

I have a 98 nissan altima, and I've let my brakes go pretty long without changing them. They have gone past squeaking and are now grinding. I know I'll have to get pads and probably rotors for my front two wheels, but I'm not sure if its gotten to the point to where my entire brake system needs to be replaced. Lets say it does. My car was apprasised at $1900 w/ my bad brakes, $2350 with new brakes. I'm thinking that if the repair approaches the value of my car, I might as well wait a few more days and get a new car, since I have the money to do so, but don't really want payments. Any ideas?How much to replace rotors, calipers, and pads on altima?You probably dont need calipers but you will need new rotors and pads. Here is the prices of stuff from autozone:



Front Calipers: $76 each

Front Rotors: $30 each

Front Pads: $17 set



So if you just did rotors and pads, which is all you probably need. It would be $77 dollars plus tax and random cleaners and greases.How much to replace rotors, calipers, and pads on altima?rotors and calipers will cost 450 to 550....calipers add another 300/400..probably doesn't need calipers.How much to replace rotors, calipers, and pads on altima?As long as your pistons haven't popped out of their bore, you probably don't need calipers, but pads and rotors, ummmmmm...probably will need them.



Just two fronts, maybe $250 to $300...How much to replace rotors, calipers, and pads on altima?not worth it. it would cost like 400$ plus your time...