Friday, June 3, 2011

Transmission gears worn/messed up or is it the CV?

2000 Ford Contour SE front wheel drive. 4 cylinder (save the jokes, i know its not the best)... How do you know or what symptoms do you have when the gears in the transmission that work with the CV half shaft are worn out or messed up? I have this problem...



when I accelerate to go on the freeway or when I'm coming to a stop the left side starts to vibrate, I can hear %26amp; feel something grinding...



I have changed the tires, rotors,brake pads, motor mounts, transmission mounts, and it still does that. I'm about to change the CV half shaft on the left side, I have been to about 6-7 different shops and none could figure it out, they just gave me a guess and one said wait for it to get worst....I have been trying to figure out this problem since 2007.....Transmission gears worn/messed up or is it the CV?a cv joint will make a clicking sound the loudest moving with the wheels turned all the way