Friday, June 3, 2011

I have a 1999 F250 SUPER Duty, V10, 4X4 and a brake rotor problem. How thick are the new rotors supposed to B?

When I changed the new rotors I compressed the pads and now the caliper is rubbing the new rotor. Do I have to get the new rotor turned before install? If not then what is the thickness of the rotor supposed to be so I can mic it.I have a 1999 F250 SUPER Duty, V10, 4X4 and a brake rotor problem. How thick are the new rotors supposed to B?1. You always machine new rotors because 90 percent of the time they will be slightly warped........never believe what the box states on it.



2. The front rotors should be 1.5 inch or 38.1 mm's.



3. All Ford's will sooner or later need calipers because of the material they use.



4. The rubbing might be that the calipers are stuck........