Friday, June 3, 2011

2006 Dodge Ram 4x4 Quad Cab SLT needs brakes and rotors?

Brake rotors for a 2006 Dodge Ram 4x4 Quad Cab SLT?

I had new ones put on about 2 months ago because they were warped. I did not change the brake pads at that time because they looked good. Well, after these two months I have the same vibration when braking. How hard is it to replace the rotors myself when I replace the pads? I have done pads before and they are not that hard, but never attempted the rotors before? Too difficult compared to replacing the pads?



What tools/supplies do I need? I have sockets, wrenches, C-clamp for the caliper, etc? Anything special to do a brake job, particularly the rotors??



Thanks!!2006 Dodge Ram 4x4 Quad Cab SLT needs brakes and rotors?Since You have a 4 wheel drive the front differential and braking systems are mated. You must remove the outer parts of the front drive train on each side first. Then the rotors will come off after the calipers.

Make sure the bearings have proper pre-load on installation. If you love your truck, bring it to us,( DEALER ). we could use the work. Plus you will be able to bring it somewhere if you have the same problems in the future. Good luck. There will always be a Chrysler/Dodge place. Ther may not be as many.2006 Dodge Ram 4x4 Quad Cab SLT needs brakes and rotors?That's an issue that is better taken to the dealer than attempting to do it yourself. There are MANY MANY inferior brake parts sold in the auto parts stores. Cheep rotors from China will cause you more issues than paying the dealer for the correct parts.